Food Tour of Old Delhi, India gives a feeling as if you are going into history to enjoy street food. It was a pleasant day out exploring Jama masjid and chandni chowk street food.
In this video, you will see Old Delhi food breakfast options and snacks that can be had during the day.
Food walk of Old Delhi, India takes travellers into Indian food history with mouth watering Indian food delicacies.
You may want to support this channel: https://www.patreon.com/visa2explore
Following is the list of street food i enjoyed along with names and addresses of sellers:
1. Shyam Sweets: Famous shop for snacks, breakfast and sweets.
Bedmi Puri - Rs 40 - 02 Pcs
Address - H.NO. 112 Chowk Barshahbulla, Manohar Market, Chawri Bazar, Delhi, Delhi 110006.
Google Location - https://goo.gl/ztTXBn
2. Haji Tea Point: Famous for Tea and shahi Tukda, serves people from 4 am to 1 am mid night.
Shahi Tukda - Rs 30
Tea - Rs 24
Address - Jama Masjid Road, Matia Mahal, Jama Masjid, Delhi, Delhi 110006
Way to Reach this shop: Nearest metro is chawri Bazar, landmark: Opp. Al Jawahar restaurant.
Google Location - https://goo.gl/c4CxRw
3. Khemchand Adesh Kumar - Daulat Ki Chaat Wale: This is a unique type of chaat made from milk and cream, available only between November to February. In Delhi you will find it hard to get any where else other than Old Delhi.
Daulat ki Chaat - Rs 50
Address - Gali paranthe wali, Kinari Bazaar, Naughara & Nai Sarak, Chandni Chowk, Delhi - 110006
Way to reach: Nearest metro chandni chowk, street food vendor keeps on moving is available at Naughara area from 10 am to 1 pm.
Google Location - https://goo.gl/pX3A4o
4. Shri Gujrat Namkeen Bhandar: This is a sweet shop famous for Gujarati sweets and namkeen products.
Fafda - Rs 20 per pc.
Address - 3775, Charkhiwalan Gali, Khush Dil, Chandni Chowk, Delhi 110006
Google Location - https://goo.gl/VoScH5
5. Kamal Kachori Shop: Hidden gem of kachori , famous for spicy kachori, you will enjoy kachori at this place if you love high spice.
Dal Kachori - Rs 10
Address - 3737 Charkhewalan Charandas Gali Hauz Kazi Chawri Bazaar, Delhi - 11006
Way to reach: Walking 3 min walk from Gujarat Namkeen bhandar, Go straight inside towards Ballimaran chowk, ask any one about famous kachori wala, any one will guide you.
Landmark is Bagichi charan das, charkhewalan.
Google Location - https://goo.gl/AHJen9
6. Standard Sweets - Layallpur wale: Famous for sweets made with desi ghee.
Gajar ka halwa - Rs 50 for 100 gm
Address - 3510, Chawri bazar, Delhi - 110006
Google Location - https://goo.gl/kvUNaW
7. Jain Coffee House: Small shop sells tea, sandwich, famous for innovation in sandwich. For the first time i had sandwich which is stuffed with fresh fruits.
Fruit Sandwich - Rs 50
Address - Shop No-4013, Raghu Ganj, Chawri Bazar, Old Delhi, Dai Wara, Chandni Chowk, Delhi 110006
Landmark: Behind Punjab National bank. PNB is mid way between chawri bazar metro station and Jama Masjid.
Google Location - https://goo.gl/RQ5Znr
8. Jugal Kishore Ramji Lal: This is a famous aloo chaat shop, i saw old pics of Jama masjid area, Old Delhi. Owner told me that he is 4 th generation into this shop. I was told by owner that his shop is 200 year old
Aloo Chaat - Rs 30
Address - 23, Chawri Bajar, Near ICICI bank, Delhi - 110006
Google Location - https://goo.gl/bP4UAz
9. Ashok Chaat Corner: Famous chaat shop, you go there any time of the day, you will see lot of crowd there, waiting to enjoy chaat.
Bhalla kalmi Vada - Rs 60
Address - 3488, Chowk Hauz Qazi, Corner Chawri Bazar, Delhi - 110006
Landmark: Outside chawri bazar metro station gate number 3.
Google Location - https://goo.gl/sCVJ3K
10. Matar Kulcha Stall: I enjoyed Matar at this stall. Taste was decent.
Matar Chaat - Rs 10
Address - opp 411.. hauz qazi bazar sita ram
Landmark: Outside Chawri bazar metro station.
Google Location - https://goo.gl/sJtpPj
11. Kuremal Mahavir Prasad Kulfiwale: This is a 80 year old Kulfi shop near Sita ram bazar, old Delhi. Serves fruit based kulfi.
Stuffed Mango Kulfi - Rs 250
Address - Shop no. 546, Kucha Pati Ram, Bazar Sita Ram, Near Chawri Bazar, New Delhi, Delhi 110006
Google Location - https://goo.gl/fNbJgJ
I enjoyed my full day tour of Old Delhi, travelling between kinari bazar, chandni chowk to Sita ram bazar to jama Masjid. If you have experienced street food at Old Delhi, Do share your experiences in comments below.
I have already done one street food journey of chandni chowk, Part of Old Delhi, have a look at that video too, link below:
If you found this video good, Do share it with your friends. You may also connect with us on our social media page:
Thanks for your time.